Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New Year, New Blog



     New Year's Day. I, like scores of other people, make resolutions designed to make me thinner, fitter, less gossipy, a better listener, etc., etc. This is the time of year that I am filled to overflowing with great intentions of becoming an overall better person. These intentions are usually just that-intentions and they rarely stick (I have resolved to lose the same 25 pounds this year that I resolved to lose last year).  
     One of the many resolutions that I made this year was to start a blog to showcase my photos, to serve as a place to express myself in general, and to allow others a view into my world through my cracked lens. So, here I am. I don't know how long it will last but hey, I started and that is something. I honestly have no idea what I am doing and I am just going to learn as I go. This means that I will probably make a fool of myself and fall on my face but that is all part of the process of learning and growth so I'm okay with that.
     Here in North Alabama 2013 has gotten off to a cold, rainy, gray, dreary start but gray and dreary is not how I wanted to start my first ever blog. That is why I chose to start my blog by showcasing a photo that is upbeat, bright, and happy. This photo inspires me to think positive and to hope that 2013 is much better than 2012 was. Goodbye to 2012 and good riddance! Hello 2013 and new resolutions...


No comments:

Post a Comment